FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System Review
FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System
This FoodSaver FM2000 is a particularly amazing food bagging and sealing machine that will provide you with the immense benefit of vacuum packing your food easily for easy and long lasting storage.
The device allows you to open vacuum pressure packed bags, place food items inside the bags, it then removes all the air from the bag and seals the bag tightly closed, which will keep food inside fresh and stop it spoiling, either in a refrigerator or in a freezer.
Food vacuum sealing systems have grown to be more of an essential kitchen item today than they have ever been before and this is mainly due to the fact that, people are living busy and hectic lifestyles, so they are shopping for more, less frequently, and they need to keep food fresh in the refrigerator for longer.
The FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System is perfect for busy people who like to buy their food in bulk and then bag and vacuum seal the food in small portions for easy and convenient use later on.
Features of Foodsaver FM2000
- FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System is compatible with most FoodSaver bags, and it works with a unique latch and lock operation that can reduce the use of bags by up to 40%. Because it seals bags airtight and keeps the food in a vacuum, the food will stay fresh, for even longer than it would in a regular FoodSaver bag.
- The vacuum sealer comes with great package deal that includes 3-Quart Bags, 2-Gallon Bags, a good sized roll, and a hose accessory, which provides all you need to start packaging and storing a wide variety of different sized meals and portions of food in both bags and in FoodSaver containers. When you take into account all the benefits of this product, plus the extras that you get bundled in this deal, the price you pay is quite amazing. Plus, in addition to all that, you also get a five year warranty from the manufacturer as well.
- There really aren’t any other kitchen appliances that you could buy for this price that could potentially save you so much money. The system is guaranteed for five years, and it will most likely last you a lot longer than that. During that time, the money that you will be able to save by being able to buy food in bulk and then keep it fresh, will pay for this appliance many, many times over.
- The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System comes with a very easy to use sealing system; you simply close the device using the straightforward latch system and it extracts the air and seals the bag. It really is that easy and intuitive to use.
- Unlike many other FoodSaver products, this vacuum sealing system also has a clever detachable drip tray to stop spills, which is especially useful when packaging wet or oily types of foods.
Read More: Best Vacuum Sealers
- The machine is compact and lightweight, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
- The system is very fast and simple to operate. Furthermore, the detachable drip tray makes cleaning up after using the machine very easy too.
- You can manually change the pressure and heat to suit different types of food and different bags.
- The hose accessory makes it suitable to be used with FoodSaver boxes as well as bags.
- Cheaper than many other available vacuum sealers, but just as good.
- The manual adjustment function could be an issue if not used carefully.
- There is no adjustable speed setting, which could be a minor problem when packaging lots of different types of foods in one go.
Why FM2000 is An Excellent Option for You?
There are so many positive things that you could say about this FoodSaver system. It really is a top class food storage system that is brimming with functionality, it is extremely versatile, and it comes with excellent customer service too. It uses state-of-the-art technology to reduce wastage with the bags, which makes using it an affordable way to keep food fresh for a long time, and save money at the same time.
The maker claims that the machine can save as much as 40 percent on packing materials in comparison to other conventional FoodSaver products, which is a great plus point for this vacuum bag sealer.
The maintenance and cleaning of the unit are easy and straight forward. It comes with a detachable drip tray that will stop spillages and the tray can be removed from the main unit for quick and easy cleaning.
You have the choice of either hand washing the machine, or you can place it in a dishwasher for easy, instant cleaning.
The machine comes with a simple, but very clever latch closure system, which will save a significant amount of time when using the machine and it will also make sealing the bags a lot easier, so it will take fewer attempts to get a good seal on each individual bag.
How to Install FM2000
The installation procedure for this device is really as follows;
Overall, customer reviews of the vacuum sealer are extremely positive. Customers like the compact size of the unit, the ease of use and the versatility.
Some of the problems mentioned by users of this vacuum have included that the unit does not have a hand cutter for the bags. Some people also reported an initial lack of suction, but that issue was eventually resolved.
Overall, though, if you are looking for an appliance that will bag and seal in food and keep it fresh, then the FM2000-000 vacuum sealing method comes very highly recommended indeed.